Intercordia Canada: Executive Director
Intercordia Canada (www.intercordiacanada.org) was established by Jean Vanier, founder of L’Arche (www.larche.ca), in 2003. It seeks to help young women and men to celebrate difference rather than fear it; to learn to “be with” rather than “do for” people;to help them build relationships and become global citizens.Intercordia draws its inspiration from Jean Vanier and the accumulated wisdom of 50 years of people with and without disabilities living in L’Arche communities around the world.
The Intercordia program offers Canadian students the opportunity of an international placement working with one of our 10 grassroots partner organizations in eight overseas countries. Some of our programs are done in partnership with selected universities across Canada and involve an academic component. Others are implemented independent of a university relationship.
The Opportunity: Intercordia Canada is searching for a new Executive Director to lead this established organization in its relationship with its partner universities and project partners in eight countries. There is an established and supportive Board eager to work closely with the chosen candidate.
The role will be best filled by an experienced fundraiser who is looking for a leadership opportunity. One who has awillingness to understand and promote the fundamental vision and mission of Intercordia and effectively communicate it to present and future stakeholders and participants is ideal.
· Knowledge of and experience with strategic planning processes, and the ability to bring together stakeholders and those with specific expertise to assist in planning for the future viability of Intercordia.
· Knowledge of and comfort with using fundraising tools and initiatives and a good fundraising track record.
· A Bachelor’s degree and some experience of dealing with academic institutions and international projects.
· Familiarity with and adept at using social media and web tools.
· Ability to work with and cultivate the engagement of the Board of Directors.
· Personal experience with international organizations engaged with learning opportunities considered a strong asset.
Contact: Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence, prior to February 21at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Subject Line put Executive Director Position. Please include in your cover letter the range of your salary and compensation expectation for this position. We request all applications be submitted online. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.