University of British Columbia
Here, each day has its rewards. From our diverse culture to programs that provide opportunities to enrich your life and explore your career potential, making UBC your next career move, is a great move.
The UBC Centre for Community Engaged Learning (CCEL) is an innovative model for the advancement of community-based approaches to experiential learning that has been highly successful in establishing community service learning (CSL) as a key pedagogy and strategic priority for UBC. Community-based experiential learning (CBEL), including CSL, enhances students’
academic learning and their capacity for global citizenship, while strengthening civil society and advancing sustainability, thereby contributing to the fulfillment of the key elements of UBC’s vision.
Become a part of our CCEL team as our Manager, Community-Based Experiential Learning (one year contract).
The Manager, Community-Based Experiential Learning, is responsible for overseeing the operational infrastructure that supports the advancement of course-based and related community based experiential learning activities with a strong disciplinary focus, campus-wide. This position provides leadership and supervision to CCEL’s team of CBEL Officers and works closely with the Director, CCEL, relevant Deans and Associate Deans, and other key stakeholders, to develop strategic goals and targets within the Faculties supported by CCEL. The Manager also manages and reports on the portion of CCEL budget allocated to Faculty-based initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and Masters degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum five years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience where management, innovation, and leadership capacities have been demonstrated, preferably including exposure to a university environment, or comparable combination of community-university experience.
- Experience in strategic thinking and the generation of change initiatives in organizations and social systems required.
- Experience in asset-based community development or developing the capacity for social innovation an asset.
- Experience developing people’s capacity to engage in new activities, methods or approaches required.
- Experience with youth engagement, student leadership, CSL or other forms of CBEL an asset.
- Experience leading and contributing to experiential education initiatives an asset.
- Experience facilitating groups and developing and delivering oral presentations required.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Express your interest by emailing your cover letter and resume with subject “Manager, CBEL” to email@example.com. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Any information submitted in response to this advertisement will be used solely for the purpose of determining your suitability for employment, and is collected in accordance with UBC’s practices in regards to FIPPA. For more information, please see http://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2012/08/Access-and-Privacy-brochure.pdf.